After the beautiful sunny day yesterday, today is again grey and misty. I weeded the onion patch in the kitchen garden and planted more of the French speckled lettuce seedlings. I have been making frequent plantings from seeds I had saved from last year. The seeds sprout well in the controlled light and warmth of the grow box that Will and Edmund built for science class. I currently have a tray of basil seedling beginning to show their true leaves. What we need is sun, sun, sun! If the rain holds off, I will pick some more blueberries and cherries.
I watched the geese from the window "chase" a couple and their two dogs who were walking down the road. The geese appear quite startling with their outstretched wings and raucous honks. But they are all honk and no bite. Walkers are not quite sure how to respond to them. One visiting camper took photos of them. Out-of-staters think us very quaint, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment